1. The human body has 650 muscles.
2. The only exercise you should hold your breath for is underwater swimming.
3. The heart is the strongest muscle in the body.
4. Nearly 50% of all young people ages 12-21 are not vigorously active on a daily basis.
5. For every pound of muscle gained, the body burns 50 extra calories every day.
6. Only 13% of men are physically fit.
7. More than 30% of children ages 6 to 11 are overweight, and over 15% are obese.
8. On average, a person walks 70,000 miles in their lifetime.
9. Roughly 4,000 children and teenagers begin smoking every day.
10. Exercise makes you feel more energized because it releases endorphins into the blood.
11. Movement in exercise helps relieve stress by producing a relaxation response which serves as a position distraction..